San Mateo County Divorce Lawyer
Family law judges in San Mateo County and courts throughout the San Francisco Bay Area mandate that parties in divorce and custody matters work to resolve their disputes through alternative dispute resolution, including negotiations, mediation and arbitration. For the most part, reaching an agreement outside of court works to everyone’s benefit, particularly when children are involved in custody and parenting disputes.
My First Strategy Is To Resolve Complex Issues Through Skillful Negotiations
At The Law Offices of Oliver R. Gutierrez, in Redwood City, I apply more than 13 years of experience to help my clients resolve complex issues that are part of nearly every divorce. Even when spouses think they have the details worked out on their own, there are often legal sticking points that need to be worked through on the way to a final settlement.
But If The Other Party Won’t Negotiate, I Will Fight In Court
Although my philosophy is to reach out to the other side to exhaust all avenues in terms of settlement, it isn’t always the best solution. If you have a serious dispute over custody or spousal support, for example, taking your case before a judge may be the only way to protect your rights. I have earned a reputation among opposing attorneys and judges for coming thoroughly prepared to aggressively protect my clients’ rights.
I offer legal counsel across a broad range of areas in family law, including:
- Divorce: Including same-sex divorces, and legal separation agreements for temporary spousal support during the period of time until the divorce judgment is final
- Custody: Including temporary parenting plans, shared custody and child support arrangements during the period of separation
- Property division: Including residential living arrangements, marital debt agreements, and qualified domestic relations orders for pensions and retirement accounts
Other areas of California family law include:
- “Marvin” domestic relations dissolution cases
- Prenuptial agreements and post-marriage contracts
- Child support enforcement
- Post-divorce or paternity judgment modifications
- Custody reversals
- Stepparent adoption
- Move-away petitions to relocate with a custodial child
Make Sure Your Lawyer Has The Right Experience
Make sure you have confidence in your attorney’s experience in your county family law court in the Bay Area. For more than 13 years, I have been working hard to protect my clients’ rights and family interests. I offer a free 30-minute consultation to discuss your case and explain your best options for moving forward.
Free Consultation · Se Habla Español · I Accept Credit Cards
If you retain my law firm, you can count on excellent communication and the highest level of client service. Call my office in Redwood City at 650-399-0962 or send an email to explain your family law matter. I do my best to respond to all client communications within 24 hours.